ArtSpan Art-in-Neighborhoods Exhibitions at CounterPulse
CounterPulse is a space for art and community in the heart of the Tenderloin. The organization provides space and resources for emerging artists and cultural innovators, serving as an incubator for the creation of socially relevant, community-based art and culture. Learn more about the programming at counterpulse.org.
Submit to this open call to be considered for two upcoming solo ArtSpan Art-in-Neighborhoods Exhibitions at CounterPulse this Winter and Spring. The selection process will prioritize artists who are thinking site-specifically and/or artworks that are experimental in content or form.
The primary installation areas are white walls throughout the three-floor lobby gallery, please CLICK HERE for specifications, and consider the dimensions of the walls with the works you submit.
- Location: CounterPulse, 80 Turk St, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Exhibition Dates: Sept 11–Nov 6, Nov 6–January 8
- Submissions Deadline: Sunday, July 15, 11:59pm
- Artist Notifications: Week of July 26
- Artwork Installation Dates: Sept 11 / Nov 6
- Artist Receptions: September 20 6pm-8-pm, December 6 6pm-8-pm
- Artwork Pick-up Date: Nov 6 / Jan 8
- Sales: Sales will be processed through ArtSpan with 80% commission going to the artist and 20% going to ArtSpan.
TO SUBMIT: Complete the submissions form including at least 5 images of artworks that are currently available to hang for the show.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program:
The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allow otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.