The Mosser Hotel and Keystone Restaurant Art-in-Neighborhoods Exhibition:
The Keystone and The Mosser Hotel are seeking ArtSpan artists with 2D work of varying sizes to feature in the restaurant's special dining area and main hotel lobby. This exhibition program provides artists with a stipend for showing their work for the 6-month duration of the exhibition. This is a great opportunity for both emerging and established artists who are current ArtSpan Artist Members. The exhibition will be celebrated with a catered reception offering appetizers and beverages for guests, friends, family and other local San Francisco patrons from The Keystone adjoining restaurant.
*Please note that the space does not have an area to safely display sculpture*
- Location: The Mosser Hotel Lobby, 54 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 and Keystone Restaurant Dining Room, 68 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
- Exhibition Dates: March 5–September 3, 2019
- Submissions Deadline: Sunday February 3, 11:59pm
- Artwork Drop-off Date: Tuesday, March 5, 10:00am
- Artist Reception: Date TBA
- Artwork Pick-up Date: Tuesday, September 3, 10am-12pm
- Stipend: Exhibiting artists will be provided a $300–$700 stipend for showing their work. Stipend will be paid in two installments: the first following delivery, the second at the midpoint of the exhibition.
- Sales: Sales will be processed through ArtSpan with 80% commission going to the artist and 20% going to ArtSpan.
- Liability: The Artist is solely responsible for his own exhibition material and art work, and should insure the material and works from loss or damage from any cause whatsoever.
**Artwork must be display-ready with the appropriate hanging hardware.**
Complete the submissions form including at least 7 images of artworks that are currently available to hang for the show. Interested artists should respond as soon as possible. The Mosser Hotel staff will select the artist(s) whose work best fits the venue at this time. There may be future exhibition opportunities at The Mosser Hotel through ArtSpan's Art-in-Neighborhoods program. If your artwork is not selected for this exhibition, ArtSpan may keep your submission on file for other opportunities.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program:
The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allow otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.