Ritual Coffee has been a pioneer in coffee consciousness since 2005, and started what some call a coffee revolution in San Francisco. The Ritual cafe on Valencia Street is a bustling venue with beautiful open wall space, high ceilings, exposed rafters for ceiling hung works, and plenty of natural light. Countless patrons of the Mission neighborhoods visit this trendy spot all day long.
You must be a current or new ArtSpan Artist Member who is registered for 2019 SF Open Studios to be featured in this exhibition. This particular exhibition will act as a Hub site during SF Open Studios and be a space where neighbors can view art and be inspired to visit studios in their city. Each artist selected for the exhibition will display one piece of art that will be accompanied by information about their Open Studio.
Dates and Details:
- Location: Ritual Coffee, 1026 Valencia Street, SF, CA 94110
- Exhibition Dates: August 27th - November 26, 2019
- Submissions Deadline: July 21, 11:59pm
- Artwork Drop-off/Install Date: Tuesday, August 27 @ 6:00pm
- Artist Reception: TBD
- Artwork Pick-up Date: Tuesday, November 26th, 6:00pm
- Seeking: Unique bodies of artwork. Two and three dimensional works are welcome. Hanging sculpture and wall mounted sculpture are encouraged. Large walls can accommodate very large work, and there is some possibility for site specific installation.
- Hanging Hardware: All artwork must be ready to hang with the d-rings and hanging wire. Cleats and shark-tooth hanging hardware cannot be accommodated.
- Installation: ArtSpan's installation team will manage the install after artwork is dropped off. Artists with installation experience will be asked to volunteer.
- Sales: All sales are processed through ArtSpan. Artist receives 80% of total sales. ArtSpan receives 20% of total sales.
- Security/Liability: Artwork will be installed professionally by ArtSpan staff members in the most safe and secure manner possible. All venue staff and patrons are instructed to be respectful and mindful of the artwork at all times. The artwork will NOT be insured for damage/theft/vandalism by the venue nor by ArtSpan during the exhibition. Artists are advised to obtain their own insurance for their artwork.
To Submit: Complete the following questionnaire and submit at least 7 artworks that are ready to hang, according the the instructions provided.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program:
The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allow otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.