Ritual Coffee has been a pioneer in coffee consciousness since 2005, and started what some call a coffee revolution in San Francisco. The Ritual cafe on Valencia Street is a bustling venue with beautiful open wall space, high ceilings, exposed rafters for ceiling hung works, and plenty of natural light. Countless patrons of the Mission neighborhoods visit this trendy spot all day long.
- Exhibiting artists receive 80% of any sales made
- All exhibited artworks will be featured in ArtSpan's online gallery and regularly promoted on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- You must be a current or new ArtSpan Artist Member to be featured in this exhibition
Dates and Details:
- Location: Ritual Coffee, 1026 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
- Exhibition Dates: November 3, 2020 - March 2021 (TBD)
- Submissions Deadline: October 31, 2020 @ 11:59pm
- Artist Notifications: Monday, November 2, 2020 @ 12:00pm
- Artwork Drop-off/Install Date: November 3, 2020 @ 6:00pm
- Artist Reception: Thursday, December 3, 2020 *Artists must be available to participate in the virtual reception via Zoom & prepared to speak about their work and process
- Artwork Pick-up Date: March 2021 (TBD)
- Seeking: Artwork of all sizes and 2-D mediums. Large walls can accommodate very large work, and there is some possibility for site-specific installation.
- Hanging Hardware: All artwork must be ready to hang with the appropriate hardware (hooks and wire). Cleats and shark-tooth hanging hardware cannot be accommodated.
- Installation: ArtSpan's installation team will manage the install after artwork is dropped off.
- Sales: All sales are processed through ArtSpan. Artist receives 80% of total sales. ArtSpan receives 20% of total sales.
- Security/Liability: Artwork will be installed professionally by ArtSpan staff members in the safest and secure manner possible. All venue staff and patrons are instructed to be respectful and mindful of the artwork at all times. The artwork will NOT be insured for damage/theft/vandalism by the venue nor by ArtSpan during the exhibition. Artists are advised to obtain their own insurance for their artwork.
To Submit: Complete the following questionnaire and submit at least 5 artworks that are ready to hang, according to the instructions provided.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program:
The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally-made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote, and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allows otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.