ArtSpan is looking for artists who would like to show their work in an exhibition at Cumaica Coffee from November 12, 2020 - March 10, 2021 with a focus on Excelsior Neighborhood artists.
Cumaica Coffee is a Nicaraguan coffee roastery and cafe with four locations in San Francisco. Since 1993 they've dedicated themselves to roasting and delivering the freshest, most flavorful cup of coffee available in the bay area. They remain connected to their Nicaraguan roots by working with small plantations much like the one started by their family in the Matagalpa mountains during the 1960s. At this cozy location in the Excelsior, they provide great coffee as well as nourishing snacks and meals that create a comfortable gathering place for their local community.
- Exhibiting artists receive 80% of any sales made
- All exhibited artworks will be featured in ArtSpan's online gallery and regularly promoted on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- You must be a current or new ArtSpan Artist Member to be featured in this exhibition
- Location: Cumaica Coffee, 4726 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94112
- Exhibition Dates: November 12, 2020 - March 10, 2021
- Submissions Deadline: Sunday, November 8, 11:59pm
- Artist Notifications: Tuesday, November 10 @ 2pm
- Artwork Drop-off/Install Date: Thursday, November 12 @ 12pm
- Artist Reception: January 7, 2021 from 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Artwork Pick-up Date: March 10, 2021 @ 12pm *Artists must be available to participate in the virtual reception via Zoom & prepared to speak about their work and process
- Artwork Pick-up Date: March 10, 2021 @ 12pm
- Seeking: Artwork of all sizes and 2-D mediums. Large walls can accommodate very large work, and there is some possibility for site-specific installation.
- Hanging Hardware: All artwork must be ready to hang with the appropriate hardware (hooks and wire). Cleats and shark-tooth hanging hardware cannot be accommodated.
- Installation: ArtSpan's installation team will manage the install after artwork is dropped off.
- Sales: All sales are processed through ArtSpan. Artist receives 80% of total sales. ArtSpan receives 20% of total sales.
- Security/Liability: Artwork will be installed professionally by ArtSpan staff members in the safest and secure manner possible. All venue staff and patrons are instructed to be respectful and mindful of the artwork at all times. The artwork will NOT be insured for damage/theft/vandalism by the venue nor by ArtSpan during the exhibition. Artists are advised to obtain their own insurance for their artwork.
To Submit: Complete the following questionnaire and submit at least 5 artworks that are ready to hang, according to the instructions provided.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program: The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally-made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote, and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allows otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.