ArtSpan seeks art for display at Mission Bowling Club. Mission Bowling Club was founded in 2012 to combine the fun of family bowling with the ambiance and technique-driven approach one expects from San Francisco’s bars & restaurants. The spacious and airy warehouse that houses MBC provides a bright, family-friendly destination for a weekend afternoon excursion and, after dark, MBC is known as a great date-night as well as a perfect place to blow off steam with friends. With a full restaurant and bar serving craft cocktails and elevated comfort food, Mission Bowling Club is an ideal location for company outings, holiday parties, birthdays, anniversaries, and even weddings. MBC is a woman and black-owned business with strong representation by women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ individuals in its staff and leadership roles.
- Exhibiting artists receive 80% of any sales made
- All exhibited artworks will be featured in ArtSpan's online gallery and regularly promoted on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- You must be a current or new ArtSpan Artist Member to be featured in this exhibition
Dates and Details:
- Location: Mission Bowling Club, 3176 17th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
- Exhibition Dates: Monday, 08/23/2021 - Tuesday, 11/30/2021
- Submissions Deadline: Sunday, August 1, 2021 @ 11:59pm
- Artist Notifications: Week of Monday, August 2, 2021
- Artwork Drop-off/Install Date: Monday, August 23, 2021 @ 10am-12pm
- Artist Reception: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 6:30 - 7:30pm *Artists must be available to attend the in-person reception & be prepared to speak about their work and process – more details once selected.
- Artwork Pick-up Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 @ 10am
- Seeking: Artwork of all sizes and 2-D mediums. Large walls can accommodate very large work, and there is some possibility for site-specific installation.
- Hanging Hardware: All artwork must be ready to hang with the appropriate hardware (hooks and wire). Cleats and shark-tooth hanging hardware cannot be accommodated.
- Installation: ArtSpan's installation team will manage the install after artwork is dropped off.
- Sales: All sales are processed through ArtSpan. Artist receives 80% of total sales. ArtSpan receives 20% of total sales.
- Security/Liability: Artwork will be installed professionally by ArtSpan staff members in the safest and secure manner possible. All venue staff and patrons are instructed to be respectful and mindful of the artwork at all times. The artwork will NOT be insured for damage/theft/vandalism by the venue nor by ArtSpan during the exhibition. Artists are advised to obtain their own insurance for their artwork.
To Submit: Complete the following questionnaire and submit at least 5 artworks that are ready to hang, according to the instructions provided.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program: The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally-made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote, and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allows otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.