ArtSpan Art-in-Neighbors @ CounterPulse
CounterPulse is a space for art and community in the heart of the Tenderloin. The organization provides space and resources for emerging artists and cultural innovators, serving as an incubator for the creation of socially relevant, community-based art and culture. Learn more about the programming at counterpulse.org.
Submit to this open call to be considered for an upcoming solo/dual ArtSpan Art-in-Neighborhoods Exhibitions at CounterPulse. This exhibition's reception will align with CounterPulse's Fall Festival and Thursday Art Walk.
The selection process will prioritize artists who are thinking site-specifically and/or artworks that are experimental in content or form. The primary installation areas are white walls throughout the three-floor lobby gallery with additional spaces downstairs and a large horizontal space above the entrance suitable for installations.
- Location: CounterPulse, 80 Turk St, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Submissions Deadline: Sunday, August 8, 2021 @ 11:59pm
- Artist Notifications: Week of Monday August 9, 2021
- Artwork Installation Date: Thursday, August 26, 2021 @ 10am
- Exhibition Dates: August 26, 2021 - October 7, 2021
- Artist Reception: Thursday, September 9, 2021 from 5:00 - 6:00pm *Artists must be available to attend in person and give a brief artist talk*
- Artwork Pick-up Date: October 7, 2021 @ 10am
- Sales: Sales will be processed through ArtSpan with 80% commission going to the artist and 20% going to ArtSpan.
TO SUBMIT: Complete the submissions form including at least 5 images of artworks that are currently available to hang for the show.
About the Art-in-Neighborhoods Program:
The Art-In-Neighborhoods program strives to create visibility and accessibility for local arts in San Francisco by connecting communities with local artists and activating vacant spaces with vibrant, locally-made artwork. We partner with local businesses and building owners to bring pop-up art exhibitions and art events to dormant storefronts, empty spaces for lease, and businesses seeking artwork for their walls. Local artists who are ArtSpan members are given the opportunity to display, promote, and sell their artwork in these diverse venues. The Art-in-Neighborhoods program allows otherwise unused properties/spaces to become creative arenas for celebrating local arts.